Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Swimming!

Oh boy, another swim day! For those kids who don't swim with us, they get to hang with Tim our Comic Book teacher, and he's really loving the class! Maybe we can collect all the comics they've been working on and put something out at the end of the semester!
 I wanted to take this moment to let all you swim parents out there know something about the pool. As you know, the pool is shared by all the schools in the Julia Richman Building. 3 high schools, and The Ella Baker school. Now, I love this pool, and I love that we get to use it in after school, but I can not control the maintenance of the actual pool/locker rooms. I have asked the custodial staff about some of the benches in the locker room to see if they could be fixed/taken down. When in the locker room, Chipman,myself, and any other staff member swimming, keep an eye out for these things and try our darnedest to keep the kids safe. As some of you know, our kids get a little nutty when preparing for the pool, prek all the way to 7th grade. Today before each group goes swimming I'm going to remind them of the rules and that the locker room is not for playing! I know this sounds elementary, but it seems that our little angels are a little fuzzy on the rules.

 Thanks for all your patience and support and let's jump in!