Friday, September 9, 2011

WE'RE BACK!

* Additions to this post have been made*
  Empire is back at Ella Baker and we're here to have fun! I hope I got a chance to meet some of you this week, and if not, I'll see you on Monday!
 I'm Bridget, the site director, and I will be posting as much as possible. This way if something comes up in the schedule or there's a new staff member or there's an earthquake, you can just go this blog and see what's up. You also won't be bogged down with papers sent from school or lengthy emails.
 This blog is great way for me to tell you how the after school day or week is going. I like to try and update everyday, but sometimes there's just not enough to write about!
 I'm always talking about how great the kids are and tell you about the different staff members we have.
 First, there's me, Bridget Ellsworth, the site director. I plan the programs, manage the staff, work one on one with the kids who need the extra set of ears, and I'm always playing group games with the kids. I'm from West Virginia, I teach piano, and I once played with Herbie Hancock.
 ( I don't have bios from the rest of the staff yet, but it's coming!)
There's Valerie Kirk our Asst. site director who not only is the parent coordinator for Ella Baker but does all the payments and takes care of all half day stuff. She is a vital part of our Empire family!
*Team Leader positions may fluctuate for first two weeks, we will keep you informed of any changes*
Ashley-prek team leader
Anna- Kindergarten team leader
Ana - Kindergarten and 1st grade team leader
Angel-1st grade team leader
Marcus- 2nd and 3rd team leader
Alex- 2nd and 3rd team leader
Jackie- 4th and up team leader
Shayna-4th and up team leader
 We have a couple of other team leaders on their way, but I'm waiting for all my bios to put up!
I'm so excited to see everyone on Monday! Please please feel free to call or email me with any questions or concerns, I love to talk to people and I can't wait until after school starts. You made the right choice and your kids will never forget their time here.
 Thank you and see you soon!
 Bridget